01 02 03 DropBOB Designs: Mothblok(R) --- a Present for Janice 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Mothblok(R) --- a Present for Janice

34
So Jenn came home one day and asked me if I had some Cedar wood ... Why yes Jenn, I do have Cedar wood. It's one of my favorite softwoods. Too bad its really expensive, otherwise I'd make everything with it.

One thing about cedar wood is that it has a very good smell. And apparently, this also helps keep moths away.

So the reason Jenn asked me if I had some cedar was because she wanted to know if I could give some to our good friend Janice. You see Janice loves to knit, but the evil moths are always attacking her yarn.

Here's some of her amazing work:

Chaos on the left, KisKis on the right.

So I got a small piece from my 4" x 4" lumber and started sanding.


My new vice really helped out.


Once it was all smooth, I powered up my saudering wand and burnt some designs into the block. I tried to go as deep as possible because they will eventually be sanded away.


I even managed to get KisKis (our pet hedgehog) into the artwork.


And, the instructions.


Hope you like it Janice.



Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38