01 02 03 DropBOB Designs: The Home Project - 5th Project - Workspace flooring & insulation Install 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Home Project - 5th Project - Workspace flooring & insulation Install

34
To I finally received my custom cut flooring that I picked for my work-space. I had to pick a floor that would protect the current laminate wood floor (Its nice, but its just not made for working on). So I found this really awesome floor from home depot: FiberFloor Sheet Vinyl. It's cheap, looks good & its easy to clean up. After our downstairs neighbor complained about noise we also decided to purchase some cork to put underneath. Hopefully this will help.

On a side note, let me just rant a little about neighbors who complain all the time. I'm pretty sure that it is reasonable to allow regular noise during the hours of 7am-10pm on weekdays. This guy wrote us a note telling us that he will not tollerate "walking noises" before 7am or after 8-9pm ... Seriously buddy ... walking noises? You realize you live in a wood frame condo? I start work at 7am so I need to shower, get dressed, etc at 6am to leave by 6:30am. This guy needs to just deal with living with others. Anyway, I've gone out of my way to spend an extra $100 to add cork on my floor so that his children can sleep in piece at 8pm. Maybe later I'll send him a bill.


Here's our recently purchased cork and we also picked up a shower caddy so that Marco can finally put his body wash & shampoo on a shelf, not the floor.



Here's where Marco used to put his stuff ... 


Here's how I used to put my stuff ... I would always have my loufa fall all over the place. It was annoying.


But now with this caddy, The loufa's hang as they are supposed to, the bottles are out of the way on a shelf. What more can you ask for?


Here's my cleaned out room with the roll of custom fiber-floor that we got from home depot.

I'm going to go on a tangent here and tell you how we got the floor here. So this roll come from home depot in 12-ft lengths. My floor is 9-ft by 14.5-ft ... this means that I has a pretty decent sided, 12-ft x 14.5-ft roll. When I went to pick it up from the home depot near my work I almost didn't bring it home. I eventually maned up and stuffed it in the car. It stuck out the back at least 3-ft... That was in rush hour traffic. It actually wasn't that bad. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I have a problem. I can't bring this up the stairs, I can't bring it in the elevator. I considered hoisting it up the balcony. I also considered bringing it up the elevator shaft on top of the elevator (Jenny forbid me from doing that). So I ended up just bringing my wood saw down to my parking and chopping off about 2-ft of the roll.


After cleaning out the room we had to remove all the base boards and the heater.


Started laying out the cork insulation


Jenn helped a lot! I wouldn't have finished it without her. This is her first time laying out a floor. I'm proud to have such a helpful fiance. Thanks Jelly-Jube.


Yes, yes, I know. You don't like manual labor ... tough


At least you got to play with Kiwi.


And the new floor looks awesome! Perfect trim. Its soft. It feels solid. Its smooth and best of all, It looks good.


I think this will be a good start to an awesome room.

35 36 37 38