So today I decided to start trying to take apart the insides of my car. The first 10 minutes were the hardest... Mostly head scratching hard. After pulling out my rear carseat I managed to find a weak spot in the armour... Got my tiny drill out and had my way with her. Turns out it wasn't too hard after all. In about an hour I have routed a ground wire of relatively small gauge all the way from the baby seat location to the rear view mirror.
Next, I will tackle the driver seat. This one will be a little more tricky. It turns out that I can't route 2 cables together without interference (maybe one day I will sit down and tackle this dreaded interference issue).
For the next part of today I will work on a solid capacitance sensor design that I can plug in and out for both the baby seat and the driver seat.
Labels: #arduino, #cable routing, #capacitance, #car instalation, #flux capacitor, #school, #sensors35 36 37 38