01 02 03 DropBOB Designs: Arduino GSM Expandable Vehicle Connection Project 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Arduino GSM Expandable Vehicle Connection Project

34

So I've completed my initial concept to check to see if all this works. It does! Really well too.

One thing to note, since I shorted the Arduino the last time, I went to Lee's electronics the next day. Bought myself 2 Arduino's this time. 

Turns out that I must have weakened the GSM shield. It worked perfectly well all the way up until I get to school and plug it in the outlet to get it ready for presentation... Uhh.



Back to Lee's electronics to purchase another GSM board. Maybe this time I'll get a proper 12 volt 3 amp power supply with a ground pin. VERY IMPORTANT! capacitance sensors must be grounded. When used to sense humans at a distance (3-5 inches) you need a reference voltage. The human body is at a fairly constant voltage compared to ground. A power source from the wall will vary without a reference, but with ground feedback. This variation is eliminated.

For the next post, I will upload my Arduino code.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38